Easy, Breezy, there's a new CoverGirl


I couldn't be more elated that singer/songwriter Janelle Monae is the newest face of the iconic brand CoverGirl. Which I feel is completely appropriate because Ms. Monae has skin that looks like it was molded out of the finest chocolate you could ever find lol. Its without a doubt flawless. The "Tightrope" singer joins other celebs such as Queen LaTifah, Sofia Vergara, and Taylor Swift as a spokes model but she is in a class all of her own. CoverGirl was founded in 1960 and while many gorgeous women have represent the brand beautifully none have had the same look as Janelle Monae. Her natural hair alone sets her apart and I'm so excited that little girls with hair and features like hers and mine will see that they too can be a CoverGirl!!
"Becoming a COVERGIRL is truly an honor and a gift: it opens up a new platform for me to inspire women to feel stronger, braver and more beautiful inside and out."


joy said...

Ooo I didn't hear about this! But yay, Janelle Monae is so awesome, i'm so happy that she is the new covergirl :)

Whitney 'Nic' James said...

i am SO happy that she is the new face. what a refreshing take on true beauty!

www.nics-picks.com

oomph. said...

oh, ok...i think i know who this is, now that you mention her song! she's gorgeous!

Skinny said...

Love her- she looks amazing!!

Cortnie Elizabeth said...

I agree with Whitney. She's gorgeous.

xo,Cortnie
http://stylelustpages.com

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Ooh I had heard about this! I too am so excited!! I love her music and her unique style. I can't wait for the commercials/posters to start popping up everywhere!

Amber

Jadore-Fashion said...

Happy for her! I love her as the new face and that red lipstick in the last pictures is so cute. I love red lipsticks :)

xoxo
Stella

Confessions Of A City Girl said...

Whoop whoop! And I heard she's killing the afropunk festival in bk right now

~Sherine
Stop by and say HI!
Confessions Of A City Girl

LV said...

She is the perfect choice for Cover Girl. So stunningly beautiful.

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com